- Get Full Access to the platform
- Access upto 16000+ online courses
- Play & Pause Course Viewing
- HD Recorded Lectures
- Access on Mobile/PC/Tablet
- Includes Real Projects
- Online iLab Access
- Certificate of Completion
- Download for offline viewing
- Cancel Anytime
What you'll learn?
- Financial management roles
- How to evaluate a new deal
- Business cases as more than a mere numeric representation
- Technicalities: uncertainty, time span, scenarios, sensitivity, hyper-competitive markets
- The P&L approach
- The Cash Flow approach
- Differences between P&L and Cash Flow approaches
- Projects comparison
After we took a look at investments in a company, focusing on CAPEX expenditure (PPE, Intangibles etc.), with the business cases we expand the horizons.
The forward thinking (or planning) in performance management of a company can have a broad scope (usually in form of budgets or forecasts) but also narrower scopes (business cases). We use business cases for a multitude of initiatives such as launching a new product, a promotion campaign, adding a new brand or a new category to our portfolio, introducing a new sales channel, entering a new geographical market and much more. Even when we evaluate an investment we are essentially also building a business case.
From format point of view, we can use one of the two financial statements already known, the P&L or the Cash Flow. Each comes, of course, with advantages and drawbacks and one form or the other might be better suited, based on the specifics of your case.
The course also goes beyond presenting some mere numbers, touching topics such as business partnering, influencing decision making and challenging the case owners. And it also focuses on some very technical aspects such as time horizons, uncertainties, multiple scenarios, sensitivity analysis and hyper-competitive markets.
Last but not least you have a few numeric examples which can show you for project comparisons, in some specific cases, it is better to use one format (financial statement) than the other one.
- Basic finance and accounting education
- FP&A specialists (Performance Management)
- Managers in all functions (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain etc.) needing Finance support for their projects
Curriculum 9 Lectures 01:00:20
Section 1 : Business Cases
- Lecture 1 :
- Part I - Introduction and summary Preview
- Lecture 2 :
- Part II - Financial management roles
- Lecture 3 :
- Part III - Formats for evaluating a new deal
- Lecture 4 :
- Part IV - Technicalities - uncertainties and time horizon
- Lecture 5 :
- Part V - Technicalities - expectations, scenarios, break-even
- Lecture 6 :
- Part VI - Technicalities - sensitivity analysis
- Lecture 7 :
- Part VII - Technicalities - competitive sectors - increments and cannibalization
- Lecture 8 :
- Part VIII - Technicalities - Cash flow template
- Lecture 9 :
- Part IX - Projects comparison - P&L vs. Cash flow
Our learners work at
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i access the course after purchase?It's simple. When you sign up, you'll immediately have unlimited viewing of thousands of expert courses, paths to guide your learning, tools to measure your skills and hands-on resources like exercise files. There’s no limit on what you can learn and you can cancel at any time.
Are these video based online self-learning courses?Yes. All of the courses comes with online video based lectures created by certified instructors. Instructors have crafted these courses with a blend of high quality interactive videos, lectures, quizzes & real world projects to give you an indepth knowledge about the topic.
Can i play & pause the course as per my convenience?Yes absolutely & thats one of the advantage of self-paced courses. You can anytime pause or resume the course & come back & forth from one lecture to another lecture, play the videos mulitple times & so on.
How do i contact the instructor for any doubts or questions?Most of these courses have general questions & answers already covered within the course lectures. However, if you need any further help from the instructor, you can use the inbuilt Chat with Instructor option to send a message to an instructor & they will reply you within 24 hours. You can ask as many questions as you want.
Do i need a pc to access the course or can i do it on mobile & tablet as well?Brilliant question? Isn't it? You can access the courses on any device like PC, Mobile, Tablet & even on a smart tv. For mobile & a tablet you can download the Learnfly android or an iOS app. If mobile app is not available in your country, you can access the course directly by visting our website, its fully mobile friendly.
Do i get any certificate for the courses?Yes. Once you complete any course on our platform along with provided assessments by the instructor, you will be eligble to get certificate of course completion.
For how long can i access my course on the platform?You require an active subscription to access courses on our platform. If your subscription is active, you can access any course on our platform with no restrictions.
Is there any free trial?Currently, we do not offer any free trial.
Can i cancel anytime?Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel, but why would you want to?
369509 Course Views