- Get Full Access to the platform
- Access to 16000+ online courses
- Play & Pause Course Viewing
- Attend weekly live webinar
- High Quality Recorded Lectures
- Learn Online from Mobile/PC/Tablet
- Assignments & Projects
- Online iLab Access
- Certificate of Completion
- Download for offline viewing
- Cancel Anytime
What you'll learn?
- Why FP&A can lead a SWOT analysis
- Theory and a different approach
- How to … use your Org Chart
- Some general advice about communication and soft skills required
- Identify main activities / departments
- General organization activities / departments approach
- From main activities list strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
- How to tackle your SWOT elements – out of the box thinking
- Some BiC – Best-in-Class solutions
Intended primarily for the FP&A professionals (Performance Management in Finance and Accounting Department), this course has the advantage of being suited to many other professionals with different backgrounds. If you have the motivation (intent) or the need (you were asked to by your superiors), leading a SWOT analysis for your company can be very beneficial.
If the benefits for the company are quite obvious, let's focus on the benefits it will bring you. One of the first benefits derived is the additional knowledge you will gain about your company and the environment in which it operates (customers, competitors, suppliers and other stakeholders). You will also gain exposure to the management (even to top management) and you get to influence important decisions in the company. If well done it will build upon your reputation as Business Partner. And last but not least, it should improve your collaboration with the other managers in your company and help you build your network. Should you have management aspirations, what better starting point than such an analysis.
Content wise, the course builds upon my experience. I tried to stay as further as possible from theoretical concepts because of several reasons. They are anyway available in a lot of specific literature or even online. Re-writing the same ideas will not be of too much added value for you. However, my practical experience will be worthy. And, besides having already so much literature on the topic available, you will, even when you try to take clear steps in doing this analysis, notice there are some particular difficulties. Being the simple "how do I start?" or the more complex "have I captured everything in my analysis?", the "how do I convince colleagues to help me?" question and even the holy-grail of the analysis "how can I tackle this points and make amendments / improvements?", I hope this course will provide you with the much required answers and inspiration needed for such a complex endeavor.
- Knowledge about the structure of your Organisation. Basic management and business concepts knowledge.
- FP&A professionals or any professional about to undertake a SWOT analysis in his Organisation as own initiative or by management request.
Curriculum 12 Lectures 02:22:48
Section 1 : Management analysis | SWOT
- Lecture 1 :
- Part I - Introduction and summary Preview
- Lecture 2 :
- Part II - FP&A and SWOT, some theoretical concepts
- Lecture 3 :
- Part III - Personal theoretical considerations
- Lecture 4 :
- Part IV - Methodology
- Lecture 5 :
- Part V - Departments and activities
- Lecture 6 :
- Part VI - Potential SWOT - General organization
- Lecture 7 :
- Part VII - Potential SWOT - Marketing, Sales, HR
- Lecture 8 :
- Part VIII - Potential SWOT - Supply chain
- Lecture 9 :
- Part IX - Potential SWOT - Finance
- Lecture 10 :
- Part X - What to do next - Best-in-Class solutions I
- Lecture 11 :
- Part XI - What to do next - Best-in-Class solutions II
- Lecture 12 :
- Part XII - Wrap-up
Our learners work at
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i access the course after purchase?It's simple. When you sign up, you'll immediately have unlimited viewing of thousands of expert courses, paths to guide your learning, tools to measure your skills and hands-on resources like exercise files. There’s no limit on what you can learn and you can cancel at any time.
Are these video based online self-learning courses?Yes. All of the courses comes with online video based lectures created by certified instructors. Instructors have crafted these courses with a blend of high quality interactive videos, lectures, quizzes & real world projects to give you an indepth knowledge about the topic.
Can i play & pause the course as per my convenience?Yes absolutely & thats one of the advantage of self-paced courses. You can anytime pause or resume the course & come back & forth from one lecture to another lecture, play the videos mulitple times & so on.
How do i contact the instructor for any doubts or questions?Most of these courses have general questions & answers already covered within the course lectures. However, if you need any further help from the instructor, you can use the inbuilt Chat with Instructor option to send a message to an instructor & they will reply you within 24 hours. You can ask as many questions as you want.
Do i need a pc to access the course or can i do it on mobile & tablet as well?Brilliant question? Isn't it? You can access the courses on any device like PC, Mobile, Tablet & even on a smart tv. For mobile & a tablet you can download the Learnfly android or an iOS app. If mobile app is not available in your country, you can access the course directly by visting our website, its fully mobile friendly.
Do i get any certificate for the courses?Yes. Once you complete any course on our platform along with provided assessments by the instructor, you will be eligble to get certificate of course completion.
For how long can i access my course on the platform?You require an active subscription to access courses on our platform. If your subscription is active, you can access any course on our platform with no restrictions.
Is there any free trial?Currently, we do not offer any free trial.
Can i cancel anytime?Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel, but why would you want to?