- Get Full Access to the platform
- Access to 16000+ online courses
- Play & Pause Course Viewing
- Attend weekly live webinar
- High Quality Recorded Lectures
- Learn Online from Mobile/PC/Tablet
- Assignments & Projects
- Online iLab Access
- Certificate of Completion
- Download for offline viewing
- Cancel Anytime
What you'll learn?
- Financial management roles
- How to evaluate an investment
- What is a cash flow / discounted cash flow
- Net present value / internal rate of return / other factors
- The P&L Approach
- Credits / leasing / residual value
- Excel / payment table
- Accounting for investments
The course tackles primarily aspects of the investment policies and financing policies and secondarily touches also the divided policy.
You can have two main approaches in evaluating an investment (fixed assets, non-financial) done by a company, derived from two financial statements. One is the cash flow approach, looking at time value of money and other concepts such as NPV, IRR and phasing of cash-flows. The other one is the P&L approach. Both have advantages and drawbacks and are more suited to specific situations.
On the credits side we have the common fixed installments credit, a bit of financial mathematics and clarifications in calculating the principal and interest payments included in each installment. Last but not least we talk about residual value / leasing complications that can add up to the complexity of a credit. Also we talk about the subtleties of credits with installments at the end (more common) and at the beginning (less common) of the period and how to pinpoint the outstanding from which we derive the interest rate to the correct period.
How can Excel help us, now that we know about the financial mathematics behind, in producing a payment schedule.
Do mind the interpretations and understandings various people might have about the word "investment". Within business but also in your private life between private persons.
- Basic finance and accounting education
- Minimum mathematics knowledge
- FP&A specialists (Performance Management)
- Individuals interested about investment evaluations and credit related calculations (payments schedules)
- Financial mathematics students
Curriculum 10 Lectures 01:20:20
Section 1 : Credits and Investments
- Lecture 1 :
- Part I - Introduction and summary Preview
- Lecture 2 :
- Part II - Financial management roles
- Lecture 3 :
- Part III - How to evaluate an investment (format, DCF, NPV)
- Lecture 4 :
- Part IV - How to evaluate an investment (IRR, other factors)
- Lecture 5 :
- Part V - How to evaluate an investment - the cash-flow template
- Lecture 6 :
- Part VI - How to evaluate an investment - the P&L template
- Lecture 7 :
- Part VII - Credits - general conditions, formulas, interest / principal payments
- Lecture 8 :
- Part VIII - Credits - Beginning or end of period repayment
- Lecture 9 :
- Part IX - Credits - Leasing, residual value and Excel formulas
- Lecture 10 :
- Part X - Accounting for investments and wrap-up
Our learners work at
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i access the course after purchase?It's simple. When you sign up, you'll immediately have unlimited viewing of thousands of expert courses, paths to guide your learning, tools to measure your skills and hands-on resources like exercise files. There’s no limit on what you can learn and you can cancel at any time.
Are these video based online self-learning courses?Yes. All of the courses comes with online video based lectures created by certified instructors. Instructors have crafted these courses with a blend of high quality interactive videos, lectures, quizzes & real world projects to give you an indepth knowledge about the topic.
Can i play & pause the course as per my convenience?Yes absolutely & thats one of the advantage of self-paced courses. You can anytime pause or resume the course & come back & forth from one lecture to another lecture, play the videos mulitple times & so on.
How do i contact the instructor for any doubts or questions?Most of these courses have general questions & answers already covered within the course lectures. However, if you need any further help from the instructor, you can use the inbuilt Chat with Instructor option to send a message to an instructor & they will reply you within 24 hours. You can ask as many questions as you want.
Do i need a pc to access the course or can i do it on mobile & tablet as well?Brilliant question? Isn't it? You can access the courses on any device like PC, Mobile, Tablet & even on a smart tv. For mobile & a tablet you can download the Learnfly android or an iOS app. If mobile app is not available in your country, you can access the course directly by visting our website, its fully mobile friendly.
Do i get any certificate for the courses?Yes. Once you complete any course on our platform along with provided assessments by the instructor, you will be eligble to get certificate of course completion.
For how long can i access my course on the platform?You require an active subscription to access courses on our platform. If your subscription is active, you can access any course on our platform with no restrictions.
Is there any free trial?Currently, we do not offer any free trial.
Can i cancel anytime?Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel, but why would you want to?