- 12 Days training program
- Live Virtual Training
- Learn on any PC/Mobile/Tablet
- Unlimited Doubt Sessions
- Online Labs (if applicable)
- Official Courseware & Kits
- Get Recording after session
- Get Certificate of Completion
- Mock Tests & Exam Preps
What you'll learn?
- Create sites.
- Delete sites.
- Manage sharing settings at the organization level.
- Add and remove site admins.
- Manage site storage limits.
This course will introduce the audience to SharePoint Online Administration in Office 365 and explain and demonstrate the configuration options for SharePoint Online. The course is appropriate for existing SharePoint on-premises administrators and new administrators to Office 365 who need to understand how to correctly setup SharePoint Online for their company. The course will also help SharePoint on-premise administrators understand the differences between SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint Online.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for Administrators who need to setup, configure and manage SharePoint Online as part of their Office 365 Administration.
Module 1: Introduction to Office 365 and SharePoint Online
This first module will take you on a tour of Office 365 and SharePoint Online and ensure you are familiar with all the components that will be covered in later modules. You will understand the way identity management works in Office 365 and also the tools required to manage the environment. You will also learn about the options for migrating to SharePoint Online and building hybrid scenarios.
- Introduction to the Office 365 Administration Center
- Configure Reporting
- Accessing SharePoint management tools
- Accessing security and compliancy
- Managing Office 365 and SharePoint Online with PowerShell
- Comparing On Premises SharePoint with SharePoint Online
- User identity in Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Manging user domains
- Building Hybrid scenarios
- OneDrive and Sites redirection
- Yammer redirection
- Understand hybrid search
- Hybrid business data connectivity
- Hybrid taxonomy
Module 2: Working with Site Collections
This module with help you to understand the topology of site collections and how to create and manage them. You will learn how to define delegated control and administration plus configure storage options and quotas for different site collections. You will learn how to configure external access to your content and sharing with external identities and finally how to delete and recover site site collections including PowerShell management.
- Understand the topology of site collections
- Creating Site Collections
- Defining ownership and security for site collections
- Configuring Storage
- Configure External Access to site collections
- Recovering site collections
- Configure external sharing
- Managing site collections with PowerShell
Module 3: Managing User Profiles
User Profiles are a key part of any social and collaboration platform and in this module you will learn how to manage the user profile options in SharePoint Online including the building of custom profile properties. You will also learn how to create and configure audiences for targeted content and then use the audiences for personal site redirection. Finally you will learn how to configure the search options and cleanup jobs for the profile service.
- Overview of the profile service
- Defining profile properties
- Map profile properties to a term store
- Creating custom profile properties
- Managing audiences
- Creating audiences
- Managing user profile policies
- Configure trusted my site host locations
- Configure preferred search center locations
- Defining read access permission levels
- Configuring newsfeed options
- Setup email notifications
- Configure my site cleanup
Module 4: Manage Business Connectivity Services
This module focuses on the challenge of SharePoint of displaying data that resides in other data sources and then displaying that data in SharePoint sites. The business connectivity service is designed to allow data connections to be defined in order to display data from other locations such as Azure SQL and then allow users to add data web parts without the need to understand data connection configuration. You will also learn the importance of using the secure store service along side business data connections to define data access to remote data storage using single sign on.
- Overview of the business connectivity service
- Introduction to BDC definition files
- Creating BDC definition files
- Introduction to the secure store service
- Configuring the secure store service
- Creating secure store target application settings
- Configure connections to cloud services
- Configure connections to on-premises services
- Tools to build data connections
- Creating external content types
- Building external lists using external data
Module 5: Managing the Term store
The term store is a key component of Enterprise Content Management and findability and this module will cover the creation of a term store through to building term sets and applying them to content. Terms can also be part of a social profile structure as well and you will learn how to inject terms through the UI and via PowerShell
- Overview of the term store
- Understanding terms and life cycle management
- Creating term groups
- Creating the term store
- Creating Term Sets in the UI
- Creating Term Sets via importing via a CSV
- Creating terms in the UI
- Creating terms via PowerShell and CSOM
- Manage terms with synonyms and pinning
- Configure delegated administration
Module 6: Configuring Search
- An Introduction to the search service
- Understanding Managed Properties
- Create Managed Properties
- Manage Authoritative pages
- Understand Result sources
- Create and configure result sources
- Understand Query rules
- Promoting results through query rules
- Remove search results from the index
- Exporting search configurations
- Importing search configurations
Module 7: Configuring Apps
This module will focus on the configuration and deployment of the application management service in SharePoint Online. Apps are a great way to add features and functionality to SharePoint and Apps can be deployed in several ways into SharePoint Online including via the store and via the Application catalog. You will learn how to configure apps from both environments as well as deploying a full commercial app from a 3rd party.
- An Introduction to Apps
- Understanding the App Catalog
- Building the App catalog
- Adding Apps to the catalog
- Add Apps to your SharePoint sites
- Adding Apps via the marketplace store
- Manage App licensing
- Configure store access settings
- Monitoring app usage
Module 8: Enterprise Content Management in SharePoint Online
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) deals with the control and management of data as it is created and stored in SharePoint Online. In this module you will learn about lifecycle management, document management and data loss prevention capabilities in SharePoint Online. You will learn how to build various components to help manage ECM such as records centers, policy centers and visit the compliancy and security center to configure eDiscovery and data loss prevention.
- An Introduction to ECM in SharePoint Online
- Components of ECM
- Understanding In-Place records management
- Configure In-Place records management
- Understanding the records center
- Build and configure a records center
- Understanding the compliancy policy center
- Build a compliancy policy center and configure policies
- Discover the security and compliancy center
- Configure an eDiscovery center
- Build an eDiscovery case
- Understand data loss prevention
- Build a data loss prevention policy and query
Module 9: Manage options for SharePoint Online
There are several additional options available for SharePoint Online that are not configured in a specific category. This module will cover the configuration and options available in SharePoint and Office 365 for these components. Specific components can include options like classic look libraries and site classification options through to the enabling and configuration of Information Rights Management that allows additional security options on items in SharePoint.Finally you will understand the difference and reasons for using early release feature options for Office 365 which can affect SharePoint features to your users.
- Configure OneDrive features
- Understand list and library experience
- Configure classic versus new experience
- Configure use of Yammer or Newsfeeds
- Understand Information Rights Management
- Configure Information Rights Management
- Define site classification options
- Understand early release options for Office 365
- Configure Early release options for your Office 365 tenant
What is the difference both 1-on-1 Public and 1-on-1 Private.?In both, you choose the schedule. In public, other participants can join, Private other participants want to join.
Is this website Secure?Yes, the site is secure by utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Technology. SSL technology enables the encryption of sensitive information during online transactions. We use the highest assurance SSL/TLS certificate, which ensures that no unauthorized person can get to your sensitive payment data over the web.
Is my information secure?We use the best standards in Internet security. Any data retained is not shared with third parties.
Once I made my payment online, can I cancel it?You can request a refund if you do not wish to enroll in the course.
What types of credit cards are accepted?We do accept all major credit cards from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Do you offer corporate training?Yes, we do offer corporate training
Are weekend classes available?Yes, we also offer weekend classes.
What payment options are available?You can pay through debit/credit card or bank wire transfer.
Can I request for a demo class before Registering?Yes you can request your customer experience manager for the same.