This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills include understanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an Active Directory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
At Course Completion
- Describe the processes for planning and using a Windows 10 troubleshooting methodology
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 device
- Resolve issues that pertain to hardware devices and device drivers
- Troubleshoot Windows 10 devices remotely
- Troubleshoot issues that pertain to network connectivity
- Troubleshoot client-configuration failures and issues with application of Group Policy Objects
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings
- Troubleshoot remote-connectivity issues
- Resolve issues that pertain to accessing resources from devices that are domain-joined
- Resolve issues that pertain to accessing resources from devices that are not domain-joined
- Troubleshoot issues that pertain to application installation and operation
- Maintain a device that is running Windows 10
- Recover a device that is running Windows 10
Who is the target audience?
- The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment.
- The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources.
Microsoft Official Courses
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) are authorized Microsoft official courses exclusively developed by Microsoft Certified Trainers. MOC on-demand delivers a comprehensive training experience comprising a merge of high-quality audiovisuals, academic readings, Microsoft labs online and knowledge check/assessments.
MOC on-demand is a self-paced training structured for IT Professionals and Developers which makes them proficient in the Microsoft technology and develop technical skills. It focusses on providing you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training while including all the interactive features with credible content that other On-demand offerings lack.
MOC On-Demand comprises a range of courses which are structured in a modular format consisting different modules that are further segregated into lessons, each of which contains questions to testify your knowledge.
MOC On-Demand - Features that make it the best
An online course structure which gives you utmost flexibility to learn.
Official Microsoft content
HD-quality streaming videos with interactive content delivered by expert instructors -“straight from the source”.
Digital Microsoft Official Curriculum
Access to the official curriculum anywhere & anytime.
Hands-on live labs
Microsoft Labs Online to work on your technical skills with integrated lab steps.
Knowledge check and instant feedback to mark your stand in the training process.
Microsoft-hosted mentors available to you round the clock via chat, email, & phone.
Authored by Microsoft certified experts
In-depth technical content structured by individuals who wrote the software and delivered by expert instructors.
Module 1: Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
Module 2: Troubleshooting Startup Issues
Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
Module 4: Troubleshooting Remote Computers
Module 5: Resolving Issues with Network Connectivity Issues
Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain
Module 10: Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
Module 13: Recovering Data and Operating System
What you’ll get in your subscription
Full access to the official Digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
Microsoft’s HD-quality streaming videos
Access to Hands-On, Live Lab
Microsoft Training Support 24*7
Exercises, Readings and Knowledge checks
Before attending this course, students must have:
Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals.
Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, experience with Windows 10 or knowledge from the courses 20697-1 and 20697-2.