Understand the basic HTML document structure:
- How to use HTML tags to display text content.
- How to use HTML tags to display graphics.
- How to use HTML APIs.
Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS, including:
- How to separate presentation from content
- How to manage content flow.
- How to control the position of individual elements.
- How to implement basic CSS styling.
- How o create and use variables
How to use:
- arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables
- relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions
- logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators
- How to control the program flow by using if … else statements.
- How to implement iterations by using loops.
- How to write simple functions.
What you’ll get in your subscription
- Full access to the official Digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
- Microsoft’s HD-quality streaming videos
- Access to Hands-On, Live Lab
- Microsoft Training Support 24*7
- Exercises, Readings and Knowledge checks
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principles and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8.
At Course Completion
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Who is the target audience?
- Students choosing to attend this course without a developer background should pay special attention to the training prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain programming tasks.
Microsoft Official Courses
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) are authorized Microsoft official courses exclusively developed by Microsoft Certified Trainers. MOC on-demand delivers a comprehensive training experience comprising a merge of high-quality audiovisuals, academic readings, Microsoft labs online and knowledge check/assessments.
MOC on-demand is a self-paced training structured for IT Professionals and Developers which makes them proficient in the Microsoft technology and develop technical skills. It focusses on providing you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training while including all the interactive features with credible content that other On-demand offerings lack.
MOC On-Demand comprises a range of courses which are structured in a modular format consisting different modules that are further segregated into lessons, each of which contains questions to testify your knowledge.
MOC On-Demand - Features that make it the best
An online course structure which gives you utmost flexibility to learn.
Official Microsoft content
HD-quality streaming videos with interactive content delivered by expert instructors -“straight from the source”.
Digital Microsoft Official Curriculum
Access to the official curriculum anywhere & anytime.
Hands-on live labs
Microsoft Labs Online to work on your technical skills with integrated lab steps.
Knowledge check and instant feedback to mark your stand in the training process.
Microsoft-hosted mentors available to you round the clock via chat, email, & phone.
Authored by Microsoft certified experts
In-depth technical content structured by individuals who wrote the software and delivered by expert instructors.
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Introduction to jQuery
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTP Request
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects Extending Objects
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Applying CSS Transitions Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker