- Get Full Access to the platform
- Access to 16000+ online courses
- Play & Pause Course Viewing
- Attend weekly live webinar
- High Quality Recorded Lectures
- Learn Online from Mobile/PC/Tablet
- Assignments & Projects
- Online iLab Access
- Certificate of Completion
- Download for offline viewing
- Cancel Anytime
What you'll learn?
- Why we measure performance
- The benefits of performance measurement
- The dangers of targets
- The Three Levels of Performance Measure
- The Performance Measurement Linkage Chart
- What makes a good measure?
- A starter set of performance measures
- The Voice of the Process versus the Voice of the Customer
- The Nature of Variation
- Displaying Performance Data
- The Shewhart Individuals Control Chart
- Strategies for dealing with variation
- The relationship between process behaviour and cost
- Engaging your people in performance measurement
Performance measurement is the act of monitoring progress towards specified objectives. It has two main purposes:
1. To monitor progress towards goals
2. To guide improvement activity where performance is not meeting the goals
Performance measures are like the mileposts on the path towards our goals. They tell us how far we have come; how far we still have to go; and whether, indeed, we are going in the right direction.
But performance measurement is not easy. Choosing inappropriate measures can result in unintended consequences, with detrimental outcomes. At the same time, the outputs of many processes are intangible and difficult to measure.
The only solution is to take a structured approach to the design of performance measures that involves stakeholders, customers and users to clearly define agreed outcomes, and then measure performance against those outcomes.
This course provides a structure that you can use to develop a framework of performance measures throughout your organisation. The course also covers how to analyse and present performance data in order to reveal valuable information about the behaviour of the organisation’s processes and activities. And the course covers ways of engaging employees with the measures and working towards business improvement.
- There are no pre-course requirements
- Finance Professionals
- Accountancy students
Curriculum 12 Lectures 01:26:22
Section 1 : Performance Measurement
- Lecture 1 :
An overview of performance measurement with the agenda for this course.
- Agenda for the Course Preview
- Lecture 2 :
Some examples of performance measurement and the reasons why we need to measure performance.
- Why do we Measure Performance?
- Lecture 3 :
Introducing the Performance Measurement Linkage Chart
- Linking Performance Measures through the Organisation
- Lecture 4 :
An example of the use of the Performance Measurement Linkage Chart
- Example Performance Measurement Linkage Chart
- Lecture 5 :
The characteristics of a good performance measurement including a starter set of performance measures
- What makes a good measure?
- Lecture 6 :
Presenting performance data as a time series in order to review performance and identify areas for improvement
- Interpreting Performance Data
- Lecture 7 :
An example using performance data to highlight issues
- Performance Data Example
- Lecture 8 :
How to deal with both Common Cause Variation in a business process and Special Cause Variation
- Strategies to deal with Variation
- Lecture 9 :
How to gain the buy-in of staff to performance measures to ensure their effective use
- Embedding KPIs in an Organisation
- Lecture 10 :
Key learning points from this course
- Final thoughts on Performance Measurement
Section 2 : Performance Measurement Exercise
- Lecture 1 :
An exercise to help you develop performance measures for your organisation
- The Performance Measurement Exercise
- Lecture 2 :
The Test your Understanding multiple choice quiz
- Test your Understanding
Our learners work at
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i access the course after purchase?It's simple. When you sign up, you'll immediately have unlimited viewing of thousands of expert courses, paths to guide your learning, tools to measure your skills and hands-on resources like exercise files. There’s no limit on what you can learn and you can cancel at any time.
Are these video based online self-learning courses?Yes. All of the courses comes with online video based lectures created by certified instructors. Instructors have crafted these courses with a blend of high quality interactive videos, lectures, quizzes & real world projects to give you an indepth knowledge about the topic.
Can i play & pause the course as per my convenience?Yes absolutely & thats one of the advantage of self-paced courses. You can anytime pause or resume the course & come back & forth from one lecture to another lecture, play the videos mulitple times & so on.
How do i contact the instructor for any doubts or questions?Most of these courses have general questions & answers already covered within the course lectures. However, if you need any further help from the instructor, you can use the inbuilt Chat with Instructor option to send a message to an instructor & they will reply you within 24 hours. You can ask as many questions as you want.
Do i need a pc to access the course or can i do it on mobile & tablet as well?Brilliant question? Isn't it? You can access the courses on any device like PC, Mobile, Tablet & even on a smart tv. For mobile & a tablet you can download the Learnfly android or an iOS app. If mobile app is not available in your country, you can access the course directly by visting our website, its fully mobile friendly.
Do i get any certificate for the courses?Yes. Once you complete any course on our platform along with provided assessments by the instructor, you will be eligble to get certificate of course completion.
For how long can i access my course on the platform?You require an active subscription to access courses on our platform. If your subscription is active, you can access any course on our platform with no restrictions.
Is there any free trial?Currently, we do not offer any free trial.
Can i cancel anytime?Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Your subscription will auto-renew until you cancel, but why would you want to?