- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
What you’ll get in your subscription
- Full access to the official Digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
- Microsoft’s HD-quality streaming videos
- Access to Hands-On, Live Lab
- Microsoft Training Support 24*7
- Exercises, Readings and Knowledge checks
This five-day, instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to help ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to. This course explains how you can use auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016 to identify security issues.
You will also learn how to mitigate malware threats, secure your virtualization platform, and use deployment options such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security.
At Course Completion
- Secure Windows Server.
- Protect credentials and implement privileged access workstations.
- Limit administrator rights with Just Enough Administration.
- Manage privileged access.
- Analyze activity with advanced auditing and log analytics.
- Deploy and configure Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite.
- Configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs).
- Use the Security Compliance Toolkit (SCT) and containers to improve security.
- Plan and protect data.
- Optimize and secure file services.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for IT professionals who need to securely administer Windows Server 2016 networks.
- These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the internet and cloud services.
- Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this course.
Microsoft Official Courses
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) are authorized Microsoft official courses exclusively developed by Microsoft Certified Trainers. MOC on-demand delivers a comprehensive training experience comprising a merge of high-quality audiovisuals, academic readings, Microsoft labs online and knowledge check/assessments.
MOC on-demand is a self-paced training structured for IT Professionals and Developers which makes them proficient in the Microsoft technology and develop technical skills. It focusses on providing you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training while including all the interactive features with credible content that other On-demand offerings lack.
MOC On-Demand comprises a range of courses which are structured in a modular format consisting different modules that are further segregated into lessons, each of which contains questions to testify your knowledge.
MOC On-Demand - Features that make it the best
An online course structure which gives you utmost flexibility to learn.
Official Microsoft content
HD-quality streaming videos with interactive content delivered by expert instructors -“straight from the source”.
Digital Microsoft Official Curriculum
Access to the official curriculum anywhere & anytime.
Hands-on live labs
Microsoft Labs Online to work on your technical skills with integrated lab steps.
Knowledge check and instant feedback to mark your stand in the training process.
Microsoft-hosted mentors available to you round the clock via chat, email, & phone.
Authored by Microsoft certified experts
In-depth technical content structured by individuals who wrote the software and delivered by expert instructors.
Module 1: Attacks, breach detection, and Sysinternals tools
Module 2: Protecting credentials and privileged access
Module 3: Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
Module 4: Privileged access management and administrative forests
Module 5: Mitigating malware and threats
Module 6: Analyzing activity with advanced auditing and log analytics
Module 7: Deploying and configuring Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite
Module 8: Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
Module 9: Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
Module 10: Planning and protecting data
Module 10: Planning and protecting data
Module 11: Optimizing and securing file services
Module 12: Securing network traffic with firewalls and encryption
Module 13: Securing network traffic