Before attending this course, students must have:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server, including Windows Server® 2008 R2 or Windows Server® 2012.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS).
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including PKI certificates.
What you’ll get in your subscription
- Full access to the official Digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
- Microsoft’s HD-quality streaming videos
- Access to Hands-On, Live Lab
- Microsoft Training Support 24*7
- Exercises, Readings and Knowledge checks
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, manage, secure, and support Microsoft® Exchange Server 2013. This course will teach you how to configure Exchange Server 2013 and supply you with the information you will need to monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot Exchange Server 2013. This course will also provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize performance and minimize errors and security threats in Exchange Server 2013.
At Course Completion
- Deploy and manage Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and configure the Mailbox server role.
- Manage recipient objects, address policies, and address lists in Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and implement the Client Access server role in Exchange Server 2013.
- Securely plan and configure Microsoft® Outlook Web App and mobile messaging using the Client Access server.
- Understand and manage highly available Client Access servers in Exchange Sever 2013.
- Plan for disaster mitigation, implement back up and recovery for Exchange Server 2013.
- Plan and configure message transport in an Exchange Server 2013 organization.
- Plan message security options, implement an antivirus solutions, and implement an anti-spam solution.
- Configure permissions and secure Exchange Server 2013.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot an Exchange Server 2013 environment.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2013.
- People coming into the course are expected to have at least 3 years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration.
- They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
- The secondary audience for this course will be candidates that are IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-341: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 as a standalone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification.
Microsoft Official Courses
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) are authorized Microsoft official courses exclusively developed by Microsoft Certified Trainers. MOC on-demand delivers a comprehensive training experience comprising a merge of high-quality audiovisuals, academic readings, Microsoft labs online and knowledge check/assessments.
MOC on-demand is a self-paced training structured for IT Professionals and Developers which makes them proficient in the Microsoft technology and develop technical skills. It focusses on providing you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training while including all the interactive features with credible content that other On-demand offerings lack.
MOC On-Demand comprises a range of courses which are structured in a modular format consisting different modules that are further segregated into lessons, each of which contains questions to testify your knowledge.
MOC On-Demand - Features that make it the best
An online course structure which gives you utmost flexibility to learn.
Official Microsoft content
HD-quality streaming videos with interactive content delivered by expert instructors -“straight from the source”.
Digital Microsoft Official Curriculum
Access to the official curriculum anywhere & anytime.
Hands-on live labs
Microsoft Labs Online to work on your technical skills with integrated lab steps.
Knowledge check and instant feedback to mark your stand in the training process.
Microsoft-hosted mentors available to you round the clock via chat, email, & phone.
Authored by Microsoft certified experts
In-depth technical content structured by individuals who wrote the software and delivered by expert instructors.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2013 Prerequisites and Requirements
- Exchange Server 2013 Deployment
- Managing Exchange Server 2013
Module 2: Planning and Configuring Mailbox Servers
- Overview of the Mailbox Server Role
- Planning the Mailbox Server Deployment
- Configuring the Mailbox Servers
Module 3: Managing Recipient Objects
- Managing Exchange Server 2013 Mailboxes
- Managing Other Exchange Recipients
- Planning and Implementing Public Folder Mailboxes
- Managing Address Lists and Policies
Module 4: Planning and Deploying Client Access Servers
- Planning Client Access Server Deployment
- Configuring the Client Access Server Role
- Managing Client Access Services
Module 5: Planning and Configuring Messaging Client Connectivity
- Client Connectivity to the Client Access Server
- Configuring Outlook Web App
- Planning and Configuring Mobile Messaging
- Configuring Secure Internet Access for Client Access Server
Module 6: Planning and Implementing High Availability
- High Availability on Exchange Server 2013
- Configuring Highly Available Mailbox Databases
- Configuring Highly Available Client Access Servers
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Disaster Recovery
- Planning for Disaster Mitigation
- Planning and Implementing Exchange Server 2013 Backup
- Planning and Implementing Exchange Server 2013 Recovery
Module 8: Planning and Configuring Message Transport
- Overview of Message Transport and Routing
- Planning and Configuring Message Transport
- Managing Transport Rules
Module 9: Planning and Configuring Message Hygiene
- Planning Messaging Security
- Implementing an Antivirus Solution for Exchange Server 2013
- Implementing an Anti-Spam Solution for Exchange Server 2013
Module 10: Planning and Configuring Administrative Security and Auditing
- Configuring Role-Based Access Control
- Configuring Audit Logging
Module 11: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2013
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2013
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2013