What you'll learn?
- In-depth understanding of common data sources and types of Data
- How to identify and correct common issues with Data
- To format data in useful ways for analysis
- To blend data from multiple sources together
- Throughout this course you'll also learn the techniques to apply your knowledge in a data analytics program called Alteryx. At the end of the course, you'll complete a project based on the principles in the course.
This is specially crafted course that provides in-depth knowledge of Data Preparation fundamentals.
Data preparation is an integral step to generate insights. It is one of the most time-consuming and crucial processes in data mining. In simple words, data preparation is the method of collecting, cleaning, processing and consolidating the data for use in analysis. It enriches the data, transforms it and improves the accuracy of the outcome. Some of the key challenges faced by analysts and data scientists in dealing with data preparation include:
Multiple data formats
Limited/large access to data
Lack of data integration infrastructure
Data preparation is mostly done through analytical or traditional extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools. Both of which have their own advantages and limitations. In order to effectively integrate a variety of data sources, organizations should align the data, transform it and promote the development and adoption of data standards. All these things should effectively manage the volume, variety, veracity and velocity of the data.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- You are new to the world of data and starting in the field of problem solving with Data
- You should take this course if you are as aspiring Business Analyst
- You should take this course if you are as aspiring Data Analyst
- You should take this course if you are as aspiring Data Scientist
Curriculum 13 Lectures
- Lecture 1 :
- Course Introduction Preview
- Lecture 2 :
- Lesson Introduction
- Lecture 3 :
- Structure of Data
- Lecture 4 :
- Three Types of Data Structure
- Lecture 5 :
- Course Outline
- Lecture 6 :
- Data Sources - Files
- Lecture 7 :
- Data Sources - File Example
- Lecture 8 :
- Data Sources - File Example Continued
- Lecture 9 :
- Alteryx Exercise - Solution
- Lecture 10 :
- Data Sources - Databases
- Lecture 11 :
- Data Sources - Web-based Sources
- Lecture 12 :
- Data Sources - Web-scrapping Solution
- Lecture 13 :
- Data Sources - Web-scrapping Exercise
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do i access the course after purchase?Once you purchase a course (Single course or Subscription), you will be able to access the courses instantly online by logging into your account. Use the user name & password that you created while signing up. Once logged in, you can go to the "My Courses" section to access your course.
2. Are these video based online self-learning courses?Yes. All of the courses comes with online video based lectures created by certified instructors. Instructors have crafted these courses with a blend of high quality interactive videos, lectures, quizzes & real world projects to give you an indepth knowledge about the topic.
3. Can i play & pause the course as per my convenience?Yes absolutely & thats one of the advantage of self-paced courses. You can anytime pause or resume the course & come back & forth from one lecture to another lecture, play the videos mulitple times & so on.
4. How do i contact the instructor for any doubts or questions?Most of these courses have general questions & answers already covered within the course lectures. However, if you need any further help from the instructor, you can use the inbuilt Chat with Instructor option to send a message to an instructor & they will reply you within 24 hours. You can ask as many questions as you want.
5. Do i need a pc to access the course or can i do it on mobile & tablet as well?Brilliant question? Isn't it? You can access the courses on any device like PC, Mobile, Tablet & even on a smart tv. For mobile & a tablet you can download the Learnfly android or an iOS app. If mobile app is not available in your country, you can access the course directly by visting our website, its fully mobile friendly.
6. Do i get any certification after completing the course?Yes. Once you succesfully complete any course on Learnfly marketplace, you get a certiifcate of course completion emailed to you within 24 hours with your name & the Learnfly badge. You can definately brag about it & share it on your social media or with friends as one of your achievement. Click here to view the sample certificate Click Here
7. For how long can i access my course after the purchase?If you buy a single course, that course is accessible to you for a lifetime. If you go for a premium subcription, you can access all the courses on Learnfly marketplace till your subscription is Active.
8. Whats the difference between Single Course Purchase & Go Premium option?With Single Course Purchase, you only get an access of one single course. Whereas, with premium monhtly or annual subscription, you can access all the existing or new courses on learnfly marketplace. You can decide what option suits you the best and accordingly you can make your purchase.
9. Is there any free trial?Currently, we don't have any free trial but it may be available in near future.
10. What is the refund policy?We would hate you to leave us. However, if you are not satisfied, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days & we will be happy to assist you further.