Jun 05 - Jun 09
10:30 AM to 01:30PM EST
- 5 Days training program
- Live Virtual Training
- Learn on any PC/Mobile/Tablet
- Unlimited Doubt Sessions
- Online Labs (if applicable)
- Official Courseware & Kits
- Get Recording after session
- Get Certificate of Completion
- Mock Tests & Exam Preps
- Classroom Training (Optional)
Training 2 or more people?
Get a custom quote for group training, Onsite & classroom options.Request a Quote
This course provides students an accelerated path to obtain the skills required to successfully deploy and support a complete Citrix hosted application and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. Throughout this course, students will learn how to configure an environment that includes the following Citrix components: XenApp and XenDesktop, XenServer, Citrix License Server, MCS, Provisioning Services (PVS), Personal vDisk, StoreFront, NetScaler (including NetScaler Gateway), and Citrix Receiver. Upon course completion, students will be able to build a XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 environment from scratch, test the implementation to ensure that all components work as expected, and successfully manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 solution.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for Architects, Consultants, Engineers, and Administrators. Students will gain hands-on experience installing, configuring and managing hosted application and desktop virtualization solutions from the ground up. Upon completion of the course, students will have the skills required to successfully deploy and support XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 solutions that the majority of Citrix customers implement today.
- Required: An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Required: Basic storage knowledge (manage existing storage types, add new storage)
- Required: Basics of Citrix licensing
- Required: Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 user interfaces
- Required: Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
Module 1: Understanding the XenApp and XenDesktop Architecture
- Understanding the Architecture of a XenApp and XenDesktop Solution
- XenApp and XenDesktop Virtualization Technologies
- Infrastructure Components
- Citrix Components
- Designing a XenApp and XenDesktop Implementation
Module 2: Hypervisor Considerations
- Setting up the Hypervisor
- Installing the Hypervisor
- Installing the Hypervisor Management Console
- Configuring the Hypervisor
- Creating Templates
Module 3: Infrastructure Considerations and Setup
- Setting Up the Infrastructure Components
- Domain Controllers
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Certificate Authority
- File Servers
- Setting Up SQL Server 2012
- Setting Up SQL Server Mirroring
Module 4: Setting Up Citrix Components
- Setting Up Citrix Components
- Setting Up the Citrix License Server
- Setting Up a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- XenApp and XenDesktop Delegated Administration
- Setting Up the Citrix Universal Print Server
- Setting Up a StoreFront Server Group
- Setting Up Citrix Receiver
- Troubleshooting Receiver
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
Module 5: Setting Up XenApp and XenDesktop Resources
- Setting Up XenApp and XenDesktop Resources
- Preparing the Master Virtual Machine
- Setting Up a Server OS Master Image
- Setting Up a Desktop OS Master Image
- Creating Machine Catalogs
- Creating Delivery Groups
- Troubleshooting: Managing Desktops and Applications
Module 6: Managing Policies and Profiles
- Setting Up Policies
- Policy Precedence (Studio vs. Group Policy Objects)
- Creating Policies Using Studio
- Creating Policies Using Group Policy
- Obtaining the Resultant Set of Policy Using Group Policy Objects
- Managing End-User Profiles
- Troubleshooting: Profile Management
Module 7: Managing Printing
- Managing Printing
- Default Printing Behavior
- Configuring Client Printing
- Managing Printer Drivers
- Optimizing Printing Performance
- Setting Up and Managing the Universal Print Server
Module 8: Setting Up Provisioning Services
- Setting Up Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
- Setting Up a Provisioning Services Server
- Installing the Provisioning Services Console
- Configuring Boot from Network
- Setting Up a Second Provisioning Services Server
- Configuring the BootStrap File for High Availability
- Configuring the Master Target Device
- Creating the vDisk
- Assigning a vDisk to a Target Device
- Creating the Machine Catalog
- Creating the Delivery Group
Module 9: Managing and Monitoring Sessions, Sites, and End Users with Director
- Citrix Director Overview
- Monitoring within the Director Dashboard
- Monitoring and Managing End-User Sessions
- Troubleshooting: Managing Sites, Sessions and End Users with Director
Module 10: Setting Up NetScaler
- Setting Up NetScaler
- Performing the Initial NetScaler Configuration
- Configuring NTP
- Setting Up DNS
- Creating Certificates for NetScaler
- Load Balancing StoreFront Servers
- Configuring NetScaler for Remote Access
- Modifying StoreFront to Integrate with NetScaler
- Configuring ICA Proxy
- Configuring Authentication Policies
- Configuring NetScaler for Email-Based Account Discovery
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Live Training works?Live training, also known as online training, is a method of delivering training in real-time over the internet. The trainer and the trainees are connected through video conferencing software, allowing for interactive communication and collaboration. During live training, the trainer can present materials, lead discussions, answer questions, and engage with the trainees in real-time.
Does Learnfly offer Classroom & Onsite training as well?Yes. We Do! We do offer classroom, onsite, group sessions & 1 on 1 training for selective courses. Contact our support team and our team will assist you with the process.
Do you provide certification and exam assistance?Yes! We provide assistance in scheduling & preparing for your exam after a successful training completion. Once you successfully pass your exam, you will be awarded with a certification.
What if I miss my scheduled class or want to reschedule?No worries. You can simply request for the next date as per your availability.
Can I change the trainer if not satisfied?We only provide highly qualified and certified trainers with 100% satisfaction rate. However, if you are not satisfied with the trainer, you can request for a free replacement.
Do I get a lab access with the course?Yes! If your training require a lab access, then it will be included in the price.
Is Learnfly accredited?Yes! Learnfly is accredited with many renowned vendors like Microsoft, ISACA, VMWare, PECB, EC Council. Cisco and many more.
Are Learnfly Instructor's Certified?Yes. We only provide training via Certified Instructors.
Where is Learnfly Located?Learnfly is a global training provider with locations in India, United States, United Kingdom, UAE, Australia & Africa.
Does Learnfly offer after training support?Yes. We offer 1 month free support after your training completion for any queries related to your course, examination etc.
What is Learnfly Platform?Learnfly Platform is an omnnichannel Learning Management System that allows you to access thousands of self paced courses, attend live classes, track certifications, access interactive quizzes & assignments, Online labs, connect with Instructors & do much more. Join the platform to know more.
Do you offer a demo live session with an instructor?Yes! If you need a demo session to get a feel of live training or to evaluate an instructor, then you can request for a 15 minutes free live session. Connect with our training team for more info.
Can I get a refund if not satisfied?All of our training comes with 30 days money back guarantee. Refunds are only applicable on instructor training. Exam, labs are non-refundable.
How can I make a payment for my training?We accept all major payment methods like debit/credit card, PayPal and Bank Wire transfer. For bank transfer, please contact us at email@example.com
How can i get started?Super! Simply click on "Book Now" button on this page to reserve your seat and make a payment. You can choose from available schedules or provide your own. For anything else like quotation, purchase order, bank wire details etc, please contact our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you learning with us soon!
Meet our official certification partners. Get Certified with internationally recognised names.
Earn International recognition and certification
Earn International recognition and certification
Get Certified : Get Ahead
Get your own personalized Certificate of Completion, once you successfully complete the training with Learnfly. Showcase your certifcation on Linkedin & more.
250k+ Students and growing.
Listen what they say about Learnfly Courses
I enrolled in ECIH course from Learnfly. This platform enabled me to learn difficult concepts with ease and that too at my own pace. I completed the course in a comfortable environment and would surely recommend Learnfly for this IT course that is well in demand.
- Student -
I enrolled in Machine Learning course from Learnfly. It was a good learning experience and I learnt the concepts well through the video lectures. The videos were well designed and helped me follow a step-by-step approach to complete my course. I recommend Learnfly for this course.
- Student -
I was thrilled to pursue Artificial Intelligence course. It is in high demand. I started searching for a good online platform and luckily found Learnfly. I was initially skeptical about it but later found that it was good. My course was completed in a hassle-free manner. Kudos to Learnfly!
- Student -
I pursued CEH from Learnfly. I easily understood the stuff as it was imparted in a fresh manner through well-structured video lectures. All the topics were covered in the videos and I could access them as per my requirements at different points of time. I recommend Learnfly platform to save both your time and money.
- Student -
There is high demand for Artificial Intelligence course in the job market these days. I chose Learnfly to pursue this course. The video lectures were designed in a learner-friendly way and it was really convenient for me to understand the concepts well in a short span of time invested.
- Student -
Machine Learning is a course that is in demand these days. I was not interested to pursue it through classroom lecture mode. I searched for few platforms offering this course online but finally opted for Learnfly. It trained me for the technology and I am now able to gain a better position in my company after learning at my own and attaining the certificate.
- Student -
More in Tech & IT
Enabling and Managing Office ...
8178Duration : 5 Days
Active DirectoryTraining & Cer...
79273Duration : 5 Days
SharePoint Online for Administ...
4.3Duration : 12 Days
SharePoint 2016 Training & Ce...
73422Duration : 12 Days
PowerShell Training & Certific...
9257Duration : 5 Days
Office 365 Training & Certific...
19367Duration : 5 Days