Get expert instruction and hands-on practice configuring and managing clients and devices by using Microsoft System Center v1511 Configuration Manager, Microsoft Intune, and their associated site systems. In this five-day course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage software, client health, hardware and software inventory, applications, and integration with Intune. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20695C, also helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-696: Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps.
At Course Completion
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Use Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
Who is the target audience?
- This course also is for individuals who are interested in taking exam 70-696: Managing Enterprise Devices and Apps.
Microsoft Official Courses
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) are authorized Microsoft official courses exclusively developed by Microsoft Certified Trainers. MOC on-demand delivers a comprehensive training experience comprising a merge of high-quality audiovisuals, academic readings, Microsoft labs online and knowledge check/assessments.
MOC on-demand is a self-paced training structured for IT Professionals and Developers which makes them proficient in the Microsoft technology and develop technical skills. It focusses on providing you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training while including all the interactive features with credible content that other On-demand offerings lack.
MOC On-Demand comprises a range of courses which are structured in a modular format consisting different modules that are further segregated into lessons, each of which contains questions to testify your knowledge.
MOC On-Demand - Features that make it the best
An online course structure which gives you utmost flexibility to learn.
Official Microsoft content
HD-quality streaming videos with interactive content delivered by expert instructors -“straight from the source”.
Digital Microsoft Official Curriculum
Access to the official curriculum anywhere & anytime.
Hands-on live labs
Microsoft Labs Online to work on your technical skills with integrated lab steps.
Knowledge check and instant feedback to mark your stand in the training process.
Microsoft-hosted mentors available to you round the clock via chat, email, & phone.
Authored by Microsoft certified experts
In-depth technical content structured by individuals who wrote the software and delivered by expert instructors.
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
Module 2: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
Module 3: Deploying and managing clients
Module 4: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
Module 5: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
Module 6: Deploying and managing applications
Module 7: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
Module 8: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
Module 9: Managing compliance and secure data access
Module 10: Managing operating-system deployments
Module 11: Mobile device management using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
What you’ll get in your subscription
Full access to the official Digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC)
Microsoft’s HD-quality streaming videos
Access to Hands-On, Live Lab
Microsoft Training Support 24*7
Exercises, Readings and Knowledge checks
Before attending this course, students must have working knowledge at the system-administrator level of the following:
Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities, or by attending the following courses:
Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
Course 20411: Administering Windows Server® 2012